PRIVACY STATEMENT – IMPORTANT NOTICE
TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION unifi.online COLLECTS ABOUT YOU
1.1 During the Registration Process
Each time you register with unifi.online, you will be asked to provide certain personal information about yourself. The type of details collected during the registration process include (but are not limited to) your name, date of birth, gender, nationality and race, preferred language, current and previous private and/or business address, installation address, telephone or mobile phone number, fax number, email address and particulars of identity documents (including NRIC or passport number).
1.2 When you visit this Site
When you visit this Site our web servers automatically collect information about your visit to these sites, including your IP address, the time, date and duration of your visit. Your IP address is a unique identifier for your computer or other access device.
1.3 Through your communications with unifi.online or through Postings you make on a unifi.online Site
unifi.online also collects your personal information through direct communications unifi.online has with you (including by SMS, emails and phone conversations) and when you respond to requests from unifi.online (such as questionnaires or surveys). This might include any personal information about yourself which you provide to us, including information about your personal interests and preferences.
This personal information will only be collected with your knowledge and consent as it is your choice whether or not you respond to or initiate such communications with unifi.online. We may monitor and record our communications with you (although we will always inform you if your call with us is being recorded). It is voluntary to provide this additional information or to have your call recorded. However, if you do not agree to this information being collected and used by unifi.online then you should not provide, which in turn means that you may not be able to participate in or receive the full benefit of such communications, questionnaires or surveys.
2. PURPOSES OF ACQUIRING AND PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The purposes for which unifi.online processes your personal information are as follows:
- to verify your identity;
- to assess and/or verify credit worthiness;
- to detect and prevent fraudulent activity;
- to process your order for Products and Services which you have requested;
- to provide the Products and Services which you have requested;
- to contact you should we need to regarding the Products and Services you have acquired;
- to maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems;
- to gain an understanding of your information and communication needs in order for unifi.online to enhance and personalize the Products and Services that we offer you;
- to conduct research and development and statistical analysis in connection with the Products and Services (including by aggregating information about you and your spending and use of Products and Services with other users of our Products and Services) to identify trends and develop new Products and Services which reflect the interests of customers such as yourself;
- to assist us in understanding the browsing preferences of users such as yourself on the unifi.online Sites so that we can tailor content according to individual preferences.
3. TO WHOM YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS DISCLOSED
Sometimes unifi.online needs to disclose your personal information to third parties outside unifi.online. This is in order for us to effectively manage our business including to deliver the Products and Services to you and to achieve the purposes described above. The following are the classes of third parties to whom unifi.online may disclose your personal information:
to third parties contracted by unifi.online to assist us in delivering all or part of our Products and Services to you, including without limitation companies contracted to provide to unifi.online :
- customer enquiry and other customer related services (including telemarketing);
- data processing services
- installation services
- maintenance and repair services
- information technology services
- market research and website usage analysis services
- content and product (only when you have requested their content/product)
- to strategic partners that work with unifi.online to provide unifi.online Products and Services or that help market unifi.online’ Products and Services (such as our network of dealers);
- to unifi.online' agents or contractors (including debt collection agencies) for the purposes of recovering any amount due to unifi.online from you;
- to regulatory bodies, governmental bodies or other authorities if required or authorized to do so to discharge any regulatory function, under any law or in relation to any order or judgment of a court;
- to regulatory bodies, governmental bodies or other authorities for the purpose of detection or prevention of crime, illegal/unlawful activities or fraud or for the apprehension or prosecution of offenders, or for an investigation relating to any of these;
- to any party involved in or related to a legal proceeding (or prospective legal proceeding), for purposes of the legal proceedings;
- otherwise as permitted under Malaysian law, including without limitation, the Personal Data Protection Act 2010; and
- to third parties contracted by unifi.online to assist us in delivering all or part of our Products and Services to you, including without limitation companies contracted to provide to unifi.online :
YOUR OBLIGATIONS REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
4.1 Your Obligations
You are responsible for providing accurate and complete information to us about yourself and any other person whose personal information you provide us and for updating this personal information as and when it becomes incorrect or out of date by contacting unifi.online. It is a condition of us providing the Products and Services to you that you promise to do this.
In some instances you may need to provide to unifi.online personal information about someone other than yourself (for example about your spouse or children if you are acquiring and are responsible for a service that they will use). If so, we rely on you to inform these individuals that you are providing their personal information to us, to make sure they consent to you giving us their information and to advise them about where they can find a copy of this Privacy Statement (on our website at unifi.online).
TO CORRECT PERSONAL INFORMATION OR DELETE IT FROM OUR CUSTOMER RECORDS
With your support unifi.online will keep personal information accurate and up-to-date. You may request to amend, correct or delete your personal information. Please notify us of your wishes by email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LINKED SITES AND THIRD PARTIES